Monday, July 23, 2007

Waiting on the Lord

How cool is God!? Just when frustration and sadness seem to be taking over, God steps in and says "Wait".

Have you ever been so angry that you immediately fly off the handle and attack?! I have! Usually, the words that come out end up being the wrong ones. Our flesh wants us to act on instinct, but the Holy Spirit can intervene and guide us in the way we should go.
Psalm 32:8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you.
Last week an unfortunate situation happened and I was hurt. But the Lord showed me the truth. The person that I was originally upset with ended up being the person on my side! God kept nudging me to not give into my flesh or my instinct, and as hard as that was, I waited. He knew all along what was going on. Last night I received confirmation of my patience. Although the original offender has not come forward, and might not, I know that God uses ALL things for His glory. He used a "yucky" situation to teach me. I pray that others are open to His teaching, through the good and the bad.

Today starts a new week, a new opportunity to learn. Another week to be patient.

No comments: