Friday, July 20, 2007

Going into battle...

It's hard enough trying to walk the straight and narrow. We all run into bumps in the road and experience discouragement in our Christian walk,right? What happens when another "Christian" is a part of the tearing down, and breaking of spirit? Isn't the church supposed to be our safe haven? Aren't we supposed to lift each other up and not knock each other down?

Being faced with these questions, the Lord brought me to His word in Psalm 139. He is always with us. Even in the darkness He is with us. He knows our past and he knows our future.

Read Exodus 23:23; My angel will go ahead of you and bring you into the land of the Amorites, Hittites, Perizzites, Canaanites, Hivites and Jebusites, and I will wipe them out. Was God actually leading the Israelites into battle?! Yes! He wanted them to fight the good fight before they received their promise from God! Does this still happen today? Is God testing me in a "battle" to see if I do the right thing? I believe that He is.

Many times discouragement comes from the enemy, and in this season of our lives I know that the he is working hard to prevent us from serving our Lord. Even if he has to use other "Christians" to do it. But today, as hard as it is to swallow, I believe that this isn't the enemy, but the Lord preparing me for battle. I must face the fight, head on and allow God to use me in solving a yucky situation.

We are answering a call to adopt a child from Ethiopia and this child, who might not normally have a chance at life, could potentially change the world. We are also being obedient in our roles as parents to Grace and Jack and raising them to know and fear our loving God. I can only pray that our children will be MIGHTY warriors for the Lord. I pray that my example will be a testimony to them. This is just the beginning.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Hey,
Not sure what has been going on for you all, but know that you are in our prayers. I have learned that soemtimes the most painful blows come from somewhere close. My prayer for you all is Psalm 29:11 The LORD gives strength to his people;
the LORD blesses his people with peace.

I pray that you will be able to rest in His strength as you go through this process. Keep Looking Up!

Anonymous said...

hmmm...what was this about?? hmm.... :) Hang in there girl! You got a long road ahead of ya and He is strengthening you to make you a powerful woman and MOTHER for Him.