Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Fun while we wait...

61

As a 1930s wife, I am
Superior

Take the test!



Scoring:

0-24 - Very Poor (Failure)
25-41 - Poor
42-58 - Average
59-75 - Superior
76+ - Very Superior


Areas where I failed:

Fails to sew on buttons or darn socks regularly.
Wears pajamas instead of nightgown.
Doesn't want to get up to prepare breakfast.
Has a pleasant disposition in the morning--not crabby.


Areas where I passed:

Faithful and true to husband.
Good sense of humor--jolly and gay.
Is of same religion as her husband.
Neat housekeeper--tidy and clean.

Areas that cracked me up:

Tells risque or vulgar stories
Puts her cold feet on husband at night to warm them.
Seams in hose often crooked.
Slow in coming to bed--delays til husband is almost asleep.
Shoulder straps hang over arms or slip is uneven and shows.
Serves dinner but fails to sit down till meal is half over--then wants husband
to wait for her.

Boy have times changed!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

im sure my numbers have risen over time:) i proudly state that i am now VERY SUPERIOR!! (i should be after 22 years!!!)

becky said...

so funny! I guess I have some years to get those points a little higher! :)

Anonymous said...

i know that there are some things that they could've asked and didn't that would bring my numbers waaayyyy down!!

JP said...

Yikes, I scored a 104. I feel archaic. :-/

Now, what does red nail polish have to do with being a good wife? And do I get half credit if I only wear it on my toes? :-)

Anonymous said...

I too am a "Very Superior" 1930's wife! I'm sending a big "shout out" to all my girls at Harvest who are also superior/very superior! Of course... Jesus gets all the Praise and Glory! Because apart from him I can do Nothing!