Friday, September 5, 2008

New Pictures and Long Distance Hugs...






Bethel Orphanage, Ethiopia, Africa


A fellow "Hopester" (another woman adopting from our agency) just got back from Ethiopia and took a surprise trip to Bethel Orphanage, where our girls are! She came back with precious pictures and a few more glimpses into who our girls are. This long wait would be unbearable without these little pick-me-ups and reminders that our girls are waiting too. It's not just us.
Here's the email I got from Jaclyn about our girls (THANKS AGAIN JACLYN!):

I was at Bethel to work on Sponsorships for the other children there and interviewed each kid a bit. Here is how each of your kids answered my questions:

Becky-
G told me she was 7 years old, her favorite color is orange and she loves to eat pasta.
M said that she is 8 years old and yellow is her favorite color. Her favorite food is oranges. Both of your girls were ALL SMILES! They are happy happy little girls. Neither one of them seemed shy but G was a bit more outgoing. They really put a lot of effort into your surprise. Each of them went page by page through the books that you sent even though they were the same. They did have a tiny spat over who would go first. G won.


The little spat cracked us up! Looks like we might have another beautiful strong-willed one! :)
Got this later in the day too:

I forgot to mention in my email that I also hugged both of your girls and said it was from mom and dad. They were so happy and told me to tell you that they love and miss you both. They also said to hug Jack and Grace for them.


Our hearts are longing....


4 comments:

Angel said...

What a precious gift. I KNOW how special those words and pictures are while we wait. What a blessing! Angel

Anonymous said...

Thanks, I am crying.

brenna said...

My eyes are filled with tears reading this. We are waiting with you for your girls!

The Wilkinson's said...

I know this sounds strange because I wrote that email but as I read your post with my own words I started crying too. I guess because I know how all 6 of you are longing for each other! And also because I am missing Ethiopia and my sweet baby that is still there as well! We wait together....