Friday, September 5, 2008

More love from Ethiopia--

Today we received notes from the girls. Jaclyn (our Hopester friend) sent us drawings and letters that the girls made for us, while she was at Bethel. G's is written in English and is so sweet and full of -I Love Yous. M's was written in all Amharic (the language of Ethiopia).

Tonight we attended a worship concert at our church, put on by a local university ministry. As soon as I walked through the front doors of our church I met a beautiful Ethiopian student. She was so happy to know of our adoption and was excited to translate the letter for us! God is so good! Our super-techie pastor-and his super-techie phone captured it all on video-Love it!

Yodahe reads it first in Amharic and then translates-- Go HERE to watch.



6 comments:

Julie said...

That is SO amazing. God is so good. What a neat surprise for you guys.

Anonymous said...

God has such perfect timing! It truly was a divine appointment. What Amazing Love!

Anonymous said...

Becky, I am not so techie and can't figure out how to watch it. I clicked on the link and then what do I do??? HEE, HEE!

becky said...

once you click the link, the video should automatically load and play for you....are you still hangin' with the cavemen and a dial-up modem?? you might not be able to watch??

Anonymous said...

that was great! I'm so happy (and eager) for you guys!

The Wilkinson's said...

So glad to be a part of that! So sweet! God has an amazing way of meeting our needs, large or small. I know I have already told you this but your girls are amazing and I am so sorry that you are having to wait to meet them. Blessings-
Jaclyn