Friday, August 3, 2007

anxiety...

I often find myself having a moment of anxiety when I think of my child in Ethiopia. All of a sudden it hits me, that I have a child somewhere on the other side of the earth. I don't know if she is hungry, cold, afraid and crying or warm, satisfied and taken care of. I want to know that she is okay. I want to know where she is, if she has a bed to sleep in and if she is safe. I want to be able to pick her up, hold her and rock her and tell her that everything will be alright.

It's amazing that God has put this in me. I have carried two children in my womb and have experienced the anxiety that comes along with being pregnant. Waiting for the baby to kick or get the hiccups, so that I know he's in there, snug as a bug.

Although I am not pregnant, I am experiencing the same sort of emotions. This seems to be a bit more difficult though. Being a world away leaves me feeling out of control. I am trusting that the Lord is watching over my child. He is comforting her, holding her, and assuring her that she has a mommy and daddy waiting to bring her home and love her forever! He is answering her prayers.

He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you shall take refuge.
Psalm 91:4

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Becky,
Thanks for sharing. What an inspiration and example you are...Trusting God is easy to talk about BUT to TRULY TRUST Him is such a relief:) He is in control ALL of the time, even when we are not. This has been a lesson in my life as well...I am feeling you sister, you are stiring those motherly feelings and emotions that only a mother can understand. Loving you and praying for you...Angela

Anonymous said...

Your post brought back memories of checking the clock every morning and mentally doing the time difference between Salisbury and Bucharest, which is where our precious child was waiting.
There were times it was just unbearable. My arms were ready, but I still didn't have him!
Lori