Thursday, August 16, 2007

One mans trash, anothers treasure......

We are planning our first adoption fundraiser!
In order to utilize the money that we are raising with Kingdom Kids, we need to have a completed and approved homestudy. That's what we are working on now....and things we are having a hard time finding the funds for are, fingerprinting fees, home inspection fees, social worker fees, notary fees, etc. (Just wanted to clarify in what having ZERO funds meant as I stated in a previous blog..)So we thought we'd host a yard sale and try to check some of these things off our adoption to-do list!

If anyone has any items (not clothing) that they could donate to our yard sale, it would be GREATLY appreciated! We will also be selling baked goods and possibly some sort of breakfast item (I haven't quite worked out the details on the food part yet....) Or if you want to come hang out and help us sell, COME ON! The more, the merrier! Here's the scoop on the details:

WHEN: Saturday, September 8, 2007 7:00AM
WHERE: our house (for those of you that don't know where we live - email me.)
WHY: To raise money for our homestudy and get this adoption moving! Our child needs to come home to us!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think this will be just what my kids need to motivate them to get rid of some of their stuff! We'll bring a bunch of stuff and if I can, I'll be there to help you sell it! :D

Anonymous said...

I was trying to get Raven to have one so I can get rid of some of this stuff I have been storeing in my basement since last year. And I will put this on my calender so I can help if you still need it! : G