Saturday, April 11, 2009

tired

Our april 6th court date never happened. It was rescheduled for april 28th. needless to say - we were very discouraged about the news- hence my lack of posting.

We are in wait mode again, but today we received new pictures of the girls. Getting this set of pictures was bittersweet. Sweet to see their beautiful faces, bitter because they have grown and time is slipping away.

A fellow Hope family just brought home their daughter from Ethiopia and she is from the same orphanage as M and G. We hear that the children are all doing well and are happy. We are glad to hear of this news but pictures show that the time is wearing on them. Many of the children are more disheveled than in past photos. They look tired and dirty.

Folks-- the time is NOW. The time to be in fervent prayer for the orphans of Ethiopia is NOW. The children of Bethel orphanage, along with so many Ethiopian orphans have been through so much pain and sacrifice. Why should they live another day going without the love and protection of a family? I am of course praying specifically for M and G. We want them home. But lets not forget the rest of them.

4 comments:

Julia Nutter said...

My heart goes out to you all. It's so hard to wait. Just want you to know I am praying and I look forward to celebrating their arrival, in God's time.

Lindsay said...

We love you guys! My heart was broken when we saw the date had been changed. I could say many "cheery" things. But I'm sure you know them already or someone else has said them. But the one thing that I can say that I hope reaches you across the Bay, and to those girls across the ocean is,"We are praying." Today, the day before Easter, I am constantly reminded of ONE thing, HOPE! Jesus died to give it to us. I pray that His peace and HOPE carry you until you hold your beautiful Ethiopian girls safe in your arms.

Debi said...

Hi Becky and Chris,
I came upon your BLOG shortly before the last postponement of court and have been praying for you and your sweet girls. I am so sad with you over yet another delay.
I pray with Lindsay that you would be filled with the HOPE that only God can bring that would give you joy and strength in the waiting time as you trust Him.
I contend in prayer for release for your family and each of these loved and precious children that wait in limbo. God hears and answers prayer as we cry out to Him on the behalf of His children.
Love and hugs and prayers,
Debi

Chris said...

My heart breaks with you!! I am so sorry you all are having to go through this for so long. We are all praying for your day to come so you can bring your precious girls home! Lifting you up, praying that peace, joy and HOPE be with you!! Hold on and HE will see you through to the other side; where your days are filled with the love and laughter of your family being united as one!!