Thursday, April 23, 2009

shoes



I have held off on buying much clothing wise for the girls, after learning my lesson when our first court date was postponed. I thought for sure they would be here when it was still chilly out and purchased a few long sleeve/winter type items. Well here we are, end of April with an 80 degree weekend coming up! So much for sweaters!

A while back we received tracings of the girls feet from a family that was able to make it out to the girls orphanage. I have carried the tracings around in my purse just in case the right deal came along to get them some shoes. Today it did!
I found some cute mary jane style Crocs and decided to take a leap of faith. Grace helped me guesstimate the size-- we probably looked like goofs holding up all kinds of shoes to our two pieces of paper. It was fun picking out special shoes for her new sisters, and we actually bought three pairs hoping to get the size right! The thought that the girls have never had a new, pretty pair of shoes really puts the pressure on! Even though Crocs aren't he most glamorous of shoes- they seem to have lots of wiggle room in the sizing- so they will have to do until we get the girls home. I look forward to watching them pick out their very own new pair of shoes, and hopefully it will be soon and we won't be taking UGGS! :)

Don't forget 4/28 @ 4:28!! Keep on praying!

No comments: