Saturday, July 12, 2008

Our July so far...

I haven't posted in a while, as summer has whipped us into a frenzy of traveling, activities and fun! Here's what we've been up to...

Chris and I enjoyed an overnight date to Annapolis to see Brooke Fraser perform at Ram's Head Tavern. It was a wonderful time to reconnect and hear one of our fave musicians. We had some YUMMY Thai food at Lemongrass, walked around for a bit and then headed to the concert. We stayed at the Westin Annapolis and were spoiled by their "Heavenly Bed".... OH MY GOSH. I want one. Breakfast IN the Heavenly Bed might have been the highlight!





We celebrated the 4th of July one day early, as the kids and I left for Florida with my dad on the 4th. We grilled out, chowed on yummy corn on the cob, and blew off some little fireworks in our backyard. A simple family celebration. It doesn't take much to impress our little ones!



Way too early on July 4th, my dad, my mom, the kids and I loaded up and headed south. We spent a week down in Flagler Beach, Florida visiting my Grandma and Grandpa, uncles, aunts and cousins. It was a cherished time, and I am thankful for it. My beloved grandma is declining with age and it breaks my heart. As she suffers from dementia and Parkinson's disease, my grandpa is doing all he can to keep her home and comfortable. I pray for their peace of mind and rest in the presence of the Holy Spirit. Prayers were answered while we were there and I praise Jesus for that!

The kids and I spent lots of time enjoying God's beautiful creation, playing in the waves and sand. We sure missed Chris though, and were glad to get home to him.





The highlight of our month so far has been getting pictures of the girls!! (I wish I could post them!) Grace, from our agency was finally able to make it out to the girls orphanage and took lots of pictures. It was just the boost we needed to get through this last stretch of not knowing what will happen next. We are still waiting for any information in regards to a court date.

3 comments:

Anne said...

OH, I hope that you can get a court date soon. I am sure that you are dying to get over there and pick up the girls.

I might have to check out that place in Annapolis. We need a little weekend getaway! I don't think that I know what a heavenly bed is, but it sounds like what I need. :)

becky said...

Use Priceline if you go! We got a great rate! WAY below the website price.....and it was worth every penny!

Anonymous said...

ask steve about the heavenly bed, i think that is the one that he bought!!!