Monday, April 21, 2008

I feel like throwing a fit.





You know. One of those two year old types. Screaming, kicking, thrashing about, crying uncontrollably, that kind of fit. It's just NOT fair!!! It's not fair that we have extra hurdles to jump in this process. Why us? It's long and hard enough without the additional stuff! I want to go to Ethiopia. I want to get my girls. I want to meet them, touch them, hug them and tell them they have a family now and that they don't have to worry about grown up stuff anymore. Heck, I just want to know WHEN I am going to Ethiopia- that would be great. At least there would be a light at the end of tunnel.

This is only the beginning of the waiting, I am such a wimp. Today a handful of families with our agency have passed through the Ethiopian courts. They are official adoptive parents of Ethiopian children, now they can make their travel plans and go get their kids! I am so happy and excited for them! Especially knowing that we will get to experience that one day. But I want to be one of those families now. Not fair.

I know, I know. Just wait on the Lord. I know. I am waiting Lord, not very patiently, but waiting. Today I have tried to keep myself motivated and busy to complete some projects around the house that NEED to get done. In addition to our normal Monday routine of laundry, housecleaning and getting Gracie to art I have been going through the kids winter clothes, organizing the attic, getting rid of stuff, some basic spring cleaning. It is not working. How much busywork can one person do!? My mind is still racing and thinking about Ethiopia and our girls. ARGH! UG! EEK! BLAH!

Okay, I already feel a little better. I think a girl just needs to rant every once in a while.

I am trusting you God. I know you are at the center and know the hows and whys and whens. All I can do is trust that. Help me to be the best wife, momma, daughter, sister and friend that I can during this really hard time of waiting for the next season you have planned. May you receive all the glory in the end. Amen.

3 comments:

Julie said...

I hear ya girl. I was looking at someone's new family photos last night and I got horribly lonely for my kids!

Steven Latham said...

God works outside of time. Hang in there...

Email me - I have a question for you guys.

jen said...

Oh, the waiting is hard. I wish I could tell you to get caught up on everything you ever wanted to do or to nap a LOT (because you will want to later) or to spend extra time with your husband...but I know that that's all useless advice. I know because six months ago, I was hopelessly glued to my computer screen and telephone, waiting for a call or e-mail or SOMETHING, anything, to tell me that we had made some progress. Hang in there!