Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Coincidence? I think not....

I sat down to check my emails this morning and had received the monthly e-newsletter from Children's Hope International, another adoption agency. I am on their automatic email list and I normally just hit DELETE, but today, something jumped out at me:

New Hope Revealed During Mother's Long Wait to Adopt

A waiting mother's Dare to Hope.
"For a while I had felt guilty, thinking that I must not have enough faith if I couldn't wait in a serene state of mind. This verse revealed to me that it's OK to be passionate and to yearn for something while waiting and hoping. It is very freeing."


I clicked on the article and continued to read,

"God proves to be good to the man who passionately waits, to the woman who diligently seeks. It's a good thing to quietly hope, quietly hope for help from God. It's a good thing when you're young to stick it out through the hard times. When life is heavy and hard to take, go off by yourself. Enter the silence. Bow in prayer. Don't ask questions: Wait for hope to appear."
(Lamentations 3:25-33 The Message)
This hit me in so many ways. I can be still and quietly hope, but I can also passionately wait. For a while I had felt guilty, thinking that I must not have enough faith if I couldn't wait in a serene state of mind. This verse revealed to me that it's OK to be passionate and to yearn for something while waiting and hoping. It is very freeing. I was reminded that I needed to persevere for the child who needed me, even though sometimes I wanted to quit.


Thanks God. I needed that.:)

No comments: