Wednesday, April 2, 2008

He is good

Job 4:3-6
Behold, you have instructed many,
and you have strengthened the weak hands.
Your words have upheld him who was stumbling,
and you have made firm the feeble knees.
But now it has come to you, and you are impatient;
it touches you, and you are dismayed.
Is not your fear of God your confidence,
and the integrity of your ways your hope?


Have you ever experienced a moment where life changes in an instant? How often do we experience the emotional roller coaster called life and forget about God? We do all the things we are "supposed" to do as Christians; go to church on Sunday, help out the homeless man at the gas station, witness to our unsaved family and friends. We try to live as Jesus would. But in that quick moment when life smacks you upside the head, when you no longer have life wrapped up in a little box who do you turn to? Who comes first? You or Jesus?

I am ashamed to say that for just a moment, after experiencing some scary news the other day I forgot about Jesus. My broken, wretched self tried to lean on my own understanding of things. Although it was literally a flash of time, I felt so helpless. What can I do? Who can I call? A wave of calm came over me and I remembered that I have a God that is at the center of all things. A God who comforts me when I am weak. A God who knew me before I was made. He knew my children, including our Ethiopian daughters! He knows their plan as He knows ours. Praise Him!
We are rejoicing this day as the details change and slowly our Lord reveals His plan for this adoption. Strongholds are being removed and doors are being opened as I type.

This song makes me think of our girls. I have a vision of standing in "our pew" at church hand in hand with my hubby and our four little ones, praising God and worshipping together as a LIVING testimony to what He has done in our lives. I long for that day. Come and listen...



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you for starting my day out this way!! we always need a reminder of how awesome our Lord is!

Lindsay said...

We are always praying for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Your posting brought this verse to mind:
"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." 2 Tim 1:7

I have been reminded of it through different sources lately and I hope its a blessing to you as well. Thank God for that calm He gives us when we let go of our fears and rely fully on Him. It seems with what your family has ahead of you, its a lesson He is giving you lots of training on :)