Monday, October 15, 2007

Life took over for a while there...

It has almost been a whole month since I posted! EEK! Where does the time go! I guess when you are getting ready for a home study, for a 5th birthday, for a fundraising banquet, home schooling a kindergartener, chasing an almost 2 year old little boy around, IN ADDITION TO piles of laundry, dishes and diapers the time just slips away. How sweet the life of a mother- I love it. It will be gone in a blink of an eye! I praise my Father in heaven for blessing us will a full life!

You know how towards the end of a pregnancy - it gets SO uncomfortable that bedtime is a dread. Sleeping comfortable is practically impossible. So we all say-- "Oh- that's just nature-- getting you ready for those sleepless nights when the baby comes!" Well all this busyness that has come along with this adoption process --has got me thinking. Sometimes there is SO much to do; the paperwork, fingerprinting, doctors appointments, phone calls, interviews, thank you notes, etc. It somehow just fits into our life- we make it happen. When our kids get here- things won't be so busy,right? Because I won't have all this extra stuff to do. DUH-- I don't think so. Is all this busyness actually preparing us for 4 kids? I can actually feel the transitioning of our life. Not only in the physical but the spiritual. Our prayers are more fervent than they have ever been and Chris and I are being brought through an awesome growing time in our marriage. It is so exciting to anticipate the next season that the Lord has for our family. God is so cool.

By the way -- our first home study visit went great! Our social worker, Cindy, is DA BOMB! (am I too old to use that phrase?) She is very helpful and puts us at ease. She seems genuinely interested in our family and our process of adopting from Ethiopia. We know that it is no coincidence that her office just happens to be right down the street from our house! :) The next step is our one-on-one interviews. I will have mine next week and Chris has his in November. We are also waiting for our FBI clearance, which can take up to 8 weeks they tell us. Ug. Once that comes through we are pretty much done with the home study process as long as Cindy approves everything. After that - we can begin the mountain of paperwork with our agency - Christian World Adoption. BRING IT! :)

No comments: