Friday, February 6, 2009

yellow



Yesterday, Chris watched the kids so that I could get out and run a few errands and have some time to myself. After my errands I decided to check out the clearance racks at Old Navy to see if I could find anything for the girls. As I meandered through the store I got increasingly frustrated about us not knowing any thing new. Will they be here soon? Will it still be winter? Will it be warm? Long sleeves or short sleeves? Argh! I wish I had the answers! Then right in front of me was the cutest yellow ruffled bathing suit. As I picked it up I thought of my Ethiopian daughters and their beautiful brown skin against that bright shade of yellow. I stood there and cried. Oh, how I long for them.

It's been one week and we still don't have any news. No new court date, no light at the end of the tunnel, nothing. It feels like we are back at the beginning, suspended in time. This is really hard.

Please God, send us news.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Becky, I am so sorry. I know this has been such a frustrating time. I can imagine the mixed feelings you have about this whole process. God is using even this my dear friend. He causes ALL things to work together for Good for those who love Him and are called according to His Purpose. Think of how sweet the day will be when these beautiful girls are "in your own arms". You are so anxiously anticipating their coming that your want and love for them love is growing immeasurably. You have even prepared a place for them... makes me think of the place Jesus is preparing for His own. Think of the anticipation that Jesus feels waiting for one of his sheep to come home.
You are right , we must pray. So often I think as humans we think that we must DO something, work out our circumstances, make something happen, when really what we should be doing is praying. Prayer is effective. Prayer is powerful. Prayer is DOING. When we cry out to the Lord, He moves. He doesn't need our prayers to be working out His will, but he invites us to ask Him. What more powerful thing is there then to ask the God of the Universe to act on our behalf?
I am praying with you.

Unknown said...

Praying for you...Praying for me! Praying for everyone caught up in these tumuluous times in ET where adoption caught in the middle.

Praying for our Kids most of all..the need to come home!

Sarah and Davis said...

Hi, Becky. I love the bathing suit and I know your girls are going to be home soon to wear it. Thanks for commenting on our blog. Glad you found us. We have much in common. I am adding your girls to my list of kids I am interceding for. Check out our blog today. I'm organizing a prayer vigil for Wednesday 2/11. Please tell everyone you know join us. Don't lose heart. Your friend Nancy is right. God hears us and God will deliver our children.