Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Adoption Update and Random Thoughts

Not much has changed on the adoption front. I was really antsy a few weeks ago and my wheels were a spinnin. I emailed our agency and asked if there was any way our girls could be moved to our agencies orphanage, from their current orphanage. I was thinking this might help the paperwork situation. (I am grasping at straws here people.) Our agency director, Shimeless, is fortunately a man of integrity and insists that everything be done legally and how the Ethiopian government wants it done. Although this means waiting a LONG time, at least we know things are being done properly. So this is what the response from our agency was:

"No you can't move them easily until the papers are ready. I am not sure if they would ever be moved to Hope--the doctor may want them to stay with him. The good news is that these adoptions WILL happen, this is a sure thing now. Shimeliss met with the doctor, he will let us handle the paperwork. We are now in a race against courts closing, so no guarantees there, but it will happen!"

We were pretty encouraged by this email. Even this tiny little glimmer of hope helps us to push through and keep the faith. Some days I just want to give up. Some days I think this will never happen. Some days I think I am not cut out for this. Then I am reminded (thanks P. Keith/go David!) that God chose us to do this. We may be a couple of humdrum people living in a humdrum town BUT we are children of God and He will equip us. Apart from Christ I would give up. Apart from Christ this would never happen. Apart from Christ I am not cut out for this. We are praying that our girls are provided for and healthy. There is severe drought in Ethiopia right now. Children are dying. Please pray for them.


As we enjoy the beginnings of summer I find myself missing the daughters that I have never met. Days at the beach, first camping trips with our little ones, picking strawberries, going out for ice cream cones and our family "movie parties" seem as if something is missing. Our family is not complete. Often times one of us will say, "I wonder if M & G will like..." (whatever activity we are enjoying). During our last "movie party" as Grace, Jack, Chris and I were snuggled up on the couch with popcorn and M&M's, Grace casually said we were going to need a bigger couch. Why? So M & G will fit! OH how I long for them to join our family. This is hard.


So we wait. We pray. We enjoy the blessings of family, faith and food! and keep busy with all sorts of projects around the house.(That is a whole other post, adoption nesting has been WAY more intense for me than pregnancy nesting! Is there even such a thing as adoption nesting? I am a mess, I can't stop.)We remember to be thankful for all the Lord has blessed our nation with and try not to complain. And we pray some more.



3 comments:

Julie said...

I TOTALLY believe in adoption nesting!

Chris Vlaming said...

You're nothing short of my everything.

xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwww...so sweet!!! Love you guys...