Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Thoughts: rainy days, complaining and I hope my girls have food....

Why is it raining so much? Water leaked into the basement, AGAIN!


The U.N. Children's Agency UNICEF says a recent drought in Ethiopia has caused a food crisis and estimates 126,000 children are suffering from severe malnutrition.



The produce at Walmart stinks! I am NOT paying THAT much for milk. They are out of white grape juice AGAIN?



SIRARO, Ethiopia, May 19,2008 (Reuters) - Ethiopian mother Ayantu Tamon has lost a child to hunger every year for the last four and now cradles her severely malnourished and weakened three-year-old son Hirbu in her arms. "I just hope God lets him live," she says. "I have only two children left."


Look at those gas prices, $4.00 per gallon, WHATEVER! (Filler-up, glug, glug)


There are fears that the next harvest also will fail. "We are crying with the mothers and the children."



3 comments:

brenna said...

Thank you for that reality check. I love reading your updates on your girls. I'm so excited for your family!!

Anonymous said...

I have recently had the same thoughts about how little we have to complain of.

I hope you don't mind me commenting on your blog. My husband and I are just beginning the adoption process and so I'm a bit obsessed with blogs that are going through the process, so I know what to expect. :)

Good luck with everything!


Erin

becky said...

Thanks Erin! Nice to have you...I was the same way in the beginning! Reading adoption blogs can get quite addicting....God Bless your journey!
Becky