Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Bling for a cause...

I got this for my birthday.



Junkposse at etsy.com makes these sweet little "Heart for Africa" necklaces to raise money for her daughter and son-in-law's adoption of a babe from Ethiopia. I was so excited to recieve this as a gift knowing that 100% of the money will go towards the adoption of a precious child. As I wear it, I am reminded of my "hearts in Africa" and try to wait patiently for the day when I can hold them close.

On a side note, if you haven't discovered etsy.com yet...you need to check it out!! I have wasted away many evenings "window shopping" on this fun site. We got some creative gifts for the kids at Christmas time through a shop on etsy. I am currently saving my pennies for an adorable print for the girls room from sarahjanestudios. How cute is this...

2 comments:

Julie said...

That is awesome. I am so getting one of those!

Rebecca said...

That is the neatest necklace! I'm going to get one....thanks for sharing! P.S....Happy Birthday!