Friday, January 1, 2010

keepin it real....

we haven't heard from our agency since october. frankly I think it is rude and unprofessional. but what can you do? two sweet little girls wait for someone to give them a family. all the way in ethiopia, africa. we are patiently waiting. waiting for someone to tell us, no. or, yes! who knows. we are having a hard time making that decision on our own. the words just won't seem to come to the surface. we don't want to do it.

one family that has been waiting alongside us with kids at bethel, passed court today. this is a VERY big thing. we are so happy for them! their wait is over and their lives can move on with new added blessings! we don't know if that will ever happen for us but we have a teeny, tiny, microscopic glimmer of hope in their news today. (can you tell we have become a bit jaded?)

if you are still following our blog, and you probably gave up a long time ago!- please pray. pray for answers in 2010! pray for the children in ethiopia all the children with no mommas and daddies. every child deserves a momma. and a daddy.

and while you are waiting- watch this. and order yourself a pair of TOMS. I just did.


6 comments:

Debi said...

Chis and Becky,
Rejoicing with the family whose children are released.
I am still here, still believing God and refusing to loose hope or give up dispite how things may look at the moment. God sees, He hears and knows and He is always working on our behalf. He battles for the cause of the orphans and the ones who battle for them. Nothing is too hard for Him.
One of my biggest prayers for 2010 is for "M" and "G" and all the waiting children to come home.
You and your family are always in my heart and prayers,
Love and hugs and prayers,
Debi

Anonymous said...

Becky,

Just wanted to let you know that I think and pray for you guys often. I check your blog quite frequently actually. I have not given up!

I grew up with Chris in Royal Oak, MI. We went to church together. Right now my husband and I are houseparents at a children's home in New Mexico...we have six Navajo foster children (with room for 2 more) and two natural children.

Praying for you guys!!!

Christine :)

Valerie Z said...

Keeping it real.... CALL your agency, it's your money, your future, and your kids are waiting for you!!

YOU need to make 2010 your year! CALL THEM (and keep us posted!!)

becky said...

Valerie... if it were only that easy! Our emails and phone calls all come back void. "there is no update" is their favorite thing to say! Hope Adoption Agency is unproffesional, understaffed and ill-equipped. Hindsight is 20/20. We have stepped it up a notch and have our congressman involved -so HOPEfully a fire will be lit. :) I will definitely keep you posted!

Debi- as always- THANKYOU!

Christine-- how nice to see you on our blog! What a calling you guys have as well! thank you for your prayers!

Sarah and Davis said...

I've been wondering about your case. So sorry to hear about even more hurdles. Those beautiful girls will come home. Don't lose hope. I would also stay on your agency. You have every right to be a pest at this point. I would be! I used to joke with our caseworker that she must have a dartboard with my picture on it because I bugged her so much.

Don't lose heart. It is God - not your agency - that completes the good works He begins.

Debi said...

Just a note on the Tom's shoes.. found a retailer in my area so I could try them on. Sizes run very large. I normally wear a 5.5-6 and ended up fitting into a youth size 3. They are very comfy and cute. I plan to order the silver.
Debi