Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Every good and PERFECT gift.....

Saturday, September 8 was our first adoption fundraiser, our yard sale. Can you believe we brought in $971!! We were speechless! God is SO GOOD! Leading up to the sale I kept saying how it would be nice to raise $1000, but deep down thought that I might be setting my hopes a bit high. How dare I doubt the power of the Lord!? This is just another confirmation for us that we are on the right track, acting in obedience and faith. Thanks to all of you that donated items to sell, baked goodies, came to support us, donated money, and that drove by honking! We love you all!
An extra special thanks to Sue W., Kathleen H. and my mom. Sue and Kathleen were there from sun up until we closed up shop at 3:00 p.m, selling, packing, loading, and entertaining kids! My mom chased Jack around ALL morning! You guys are the BEST! After a day like that, you deserve a day at the spa!
Stay tuned for the next big fundraiser.....there has been talk of a "pig pickin"! :)
Here's a pic of Chris -"the egg sandwich guy". What a hottie!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Got to give your mom more kudos than that - she had my kids back on the playground with Gracie and Jack as well. Hopefully they didn't give her any trouble but it was comforting knowing she was there. Thanks and God bless you guys!!

Chris Vlaming said...

D#@%! I look good...